Do you have a spare PC, smartphone or tablet that you always leave at home? Now there's a way you can put it to good use! The cross-platform Home Eye app can turn your home device into a security camera. You get a genuine video surveillance system without having to pay a penny for IP cameras or DVR systems. The only thing you need is in your home already. A PC, laptop or mobile phone with a WiFi connection.
Home Eye uses your device's camera to track and detect movement. It may be a webcam connected to computer, or a mobile camera or your smartphone. Start Home Eye, switch on monitoring, and leave your device at home. If any suspicious movement is detected, the app will sound a siren, take some photos using the camera, and send you a notification. When you find out about what has happened, you can take action straight away - for example, by calling security or the police.
You probably have a mobile phone that you always have with you. This device can be used to view the video stream from the home device (PC or phone) remotely. You'll see everything the home device can see at that moment, right on your screen. It's very convenient: you'll always know what's happening, wherever you are. You also have the option to activate or deactivate monitoring, or change the app settings - all remotely.
Main features of Home Eye:
1) Video surveillance, using a home device's camera.
2) Motion detection. Flexible settings to control the motion detector's sensitivity.
3) Automatic creation of incident photos. Upload of photos to cloud storage.
4) In the event of an alarm, push notification and email notification; notification by phone call.
5) Delayed start of monitoring.
6) Creation of monitoring timetables for different days of the week.
7) Remote connection from your other device, over the Internet. Your devices can work in the following pairs (Streamer -> Viewer): PC -> Phone ; Phone -> Phone ; Phone -> PC; PC -> PC.
Download it now. Home Eye is 100% free!